Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zweinhund! (Medic)

+8
Alex
DrManette
Lord Zurkov
Taboo
hyce777
Firestar
Eraserhead
Epps
12 posters

Go down

Zweinhund! (Medic) Empty Zweinhund! (Medic)

Post by Epps 10/12/2009, 15:33

The Medic, when I first started playing this game I always played medic for it was the only class I didn’t suck at. These days, I go medic when necessary, like when we’re losing or winning or need an über to take out some buildings.

The first thing you need to know is that as a medic, is that you’re doomed! Players will often forget to protect you which causes you to die. When you complain about them not protecting you, they’ll start acting like it’s your own fault for getting killed by a scout, even though you’re healing a bloody Heavy! Yeah, some people just are jackasses.
The second thing you’ll need to know, is how to recognize a spy. Healing a spy is about the most shameful thing you can do as a medic, so you don’t want to be doing that! Have people shoot before you heal them, or attack them before healing. This way you’ll be sure that the pyro isn’t a spy.

Okay, those two things are basic, but how do you play medic? Well, it depends on how you want to play medic. You can either stick someone, building up your über and deploying it when needed, you can walk around the field and overheal everyone you meet or you can just be a battle medic.
I often try to be a combination of the all of these. I stick to a person, (over)heal the people I meet and try to attack incoming enemies when it’s just one or two enemies. This works most of the time, although sometimes people go all psycho on me for attacking someone. Yes, being a medic means you’ll be the punching bag for everyone…

Anyway, that covers it all. Ow, for those who like to call a medic by voice-chat, use the E key! We don’t know where you are when you go spamming ‘medic heal plz’ with your high pitched voice, press the E-key (or use the medic voice-command) so we get a nice balloon that points towards you.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Zweinhund! (Medic) Empty Re: Zweinhund! (Medic)

Post by Eraserhead 12/12/2009, 13:11

I hate medics who won't heal you and are just a battle medic. When i play medic i try to overheal everyone and pay special attention to soldiers, heavies and demo's. Some scouts can be irritating to heal because they run away before being healed completely (fubar).

I would like to know what people think of the different weapons the medic has.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 12/12/2009, 23:47

About the medic:

I always heal the demo's first; they almost always try to sticky jump somewhere, and I've found an overheal leaves them with just slightly more than normal after sticky jumping.

If you're a good combat medic, than be a combat medic. But please, for the love of god, HEAL PEOPLE AS WELL.

Tactics:
When sticking someone, try to run a figure eight around them, especially if it's someone slow. Don't just stand still facing his back. *BACKSTAB BACKSTAB* It'll confuse enemy snipers, demos, and anyone else. Don't worry about putting yourself in the line of fire. If you take a sniper shot to the chest, rather than your healing target taking one to the head, you're still alive, and so is your buddy, and you then advance and kill people.

The Medic is the second fastest class in the game.

ALSO: When building an uber to destroy a rather disruptive sentry, get a soldier or demo and have them shoot themselves while you heal them, as long as they don't kill themselves. Apparently most people don't know this, but your Uber charges MUCH faster when healing someone hurt than when you're just keeping them overhealed. When you're ready to rush the sentry, go in first. You can take the push from the sentry while you're target can get up close and personal. This applies the most with a heavy. His bullets spread pretty wide, and if he's getting pushed all the way across the room, he's not gonna hit the sentry more than a couple times.

About his weapons:

Syringe Gun vs. Blutsauger. For me, easy choice. The Medic gets something like 5 health (correct me if I'm wrong) every second, just for being a Medic. The Blutsauger, when equipped, takes away 2 health every second. So that's about 2-3 health every second as opposed to 5. Not a big deal to me. Also, the Blutsauger gives you 3 health every time you hit an enemy with a dart. That's pretty good.
Tactics: Practice on Tr_walkway (In case you don't have it: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=8909) Try to figure out how far ahead to shoot to be able to hit your opponents. That map is really useful for that.

Medigun vs. Kritzkrieg. There's no point in this, but what the heck. Use the medigun. Maybe the Kritzer charges an Uber faster, but it's not really an Uber. You are still completely vulnerable. I have killed so many people that thought a couple crit rockets could take out a Demoman. (Just so you know, they can't.)

Bonesaw vs. Ubersaw. The Ubersaw is 20% slower than the bonesaw. If you're good at any meleeing, you should know that it's better to run in, hit, run out, repeat, than to just run in and hack while getting shot, so the speed shouldn't even make a difference to you. Also, the Ubersaw charges your Uber by 25% on every hit. It even has a fancy little meter to show you how much Uber you have. On the weapon. That's just awesome.
Tactics: Don't be afraid to pull it out when you get near someone. It does a good amount of damage.

And that's pretty much it. Hope this helps everyone HEAL PEOPLE (HINT ****ING HINT)

See ya on the server! Very Happy

-Firestar (NOT FIRESTARTER, JUST FIRESTAR)
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 13/12/2009, 09:48

I have killed so many with the ubersaw, it's quite deadly. Also people should know that the crit chance is much higher with melee weapons as opposed to normal weapons. So if you critubersaw an already hurt player there's a big chance you kill him with one or two blows.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 2/1/2010, 16:22

Medic Ubercharge Rates:

MEDIGUN

Healing an injured player - 40 seconds

Overhealing a player - 80 seconds

Healing someone who's at a dispenser: 120 seconds

Healing someone who's being healed by another medic: 160 seconds

KRITZKRIEG

Healing an injured player - 30 seconds

Overhealing a player - 60 seconds

Healing someone who's at a dispenser: 90 seconds

Healing someone who's being healed by another medic: 120 seconds
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Taboo 2/1/2010, 16:55

I think melee weapons all have a 25% crit chance everytime. Don't take my word for it but I'm pretty sure its 25% each time.
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Zurkov 10/1/2010, 04:51

Personally, when I play Medic I use only the Medigun and the Übersaw.
I feel that if you need to pull out your syringe-gun, you're doing it wrong.
If you can hit someone with your Übersaw, though, by all means do it. It helps your patient finish off enemies faster, allows you to protect yourself, quickly deals with Spies, and rapidly fills your Übercharge meter.

Taboo wrote:I think melee weapons all have a 25% crit chance everytime. Don't take my word for it but I'm pretty sure its 25% each time.
It's 15%. All the other weapons have a 5% chance of a Critical Hit, so you're three times more likely to crit with melee than with range weapons.
Lord Zurkov
Lord Zurkov
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 10/1/2010, 09:39

I am also under the impression that the übersaw seems to have a longer range then the bonesaw but i might be wrong.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DrManette 1/2/2010, 14:39

Yea, I think the ubersaw's range is higher. I like it's power and the ubercharge it gives you. Obviosly medigun because UBER>CRITS. Also, I've been trying out the blutergun or whatever it's called and I have to say it's not worth it. Medics don't primarily attack and therefore the sryinge gun is better. But if you're a battle medic by all means use the new gun.

I love playing as a medic, but I hate when people play a bad medic (F***ING HEAL ME!!!!). It's like a scout who refuses to capture points, or a Heavy who refuses to drop the intell. Come on, people!
DrManette
DrManette

http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 1/2/2010, 17:48

Eraserhead wrote:I am also under the impression that the übersaw seems to have a longer range then the bonesaw but i might be wrong.

I was a Demo with several heads, being chased by a Medic. I turned around and started swinging at him. He hit me three times (with teh saw) and killed me, and I had done no damage to him.

Also, the Blutsauger is perfect for any medic, in my opinion. If you can get just a few shots in, thats almost 20 health, while you're still getting 2 hp/second.
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex 28/3/2010, 00:41

Bad team mates, ENTIRE TEAM IS SCOUTS(other team has many scouts),fewer players(you will be doing a bigger share of the fighting): Use blutsauger, if you are firing it enough, it heals quicker.

Good team mates, you don't have to fire alot(your teammates are doing enough fighting that you don't have to), your pocket soldier is a crazy ass beast: Syringe Gun. That healing per second adds up when you aren't fighting(or your crazy ass beast soldier can rape those scouts before they do 3/4 of your life in damage) or if you only take small amounts of damage. Also gives more consistent healing per second than blutsauger(because it heals you more when you are firing, and less when you aren't).
Alex
Alex
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 28/3/2010, 04:16

The best medic combo is: SOLDIER + MEDIC! Especially when Cleats, is healing you with Kritz!

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by IPFreely 28/3/2010, 09:16

What's most important is the morale of the medic.How many deaths,failures,insults you can take before you rage out.
If flip out after every single insult you wont be able to play as the medic nor engineer.
Those two classes need alot of nerve ALOT of it.You gotta be like a brick wall.
IPFreely
IPFreely
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 28/3/2010, 09:34

What i hate about medic is that it's hard to get kills. With enigneer i dominate. I have my sentry, shotgun, pistol and wrench and they do the job fine.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortelle-Corteau 29/3/2010, 01:09

no offence eraser but i dont think they are supposed to..........

anyway, i love medic its the only class i have played competetively and when i posted my application i was raging at it and so didnt include it in my fav classes. i agree with ipfreely, if your medic in a pug and you die cos a teamate ignored you its you get the blame, if your teamates die you get the blame, if you kill an enemy you get told off if you stop healing for a second you get told off. this is purely based on my experience god i hate medic but i love it aswell Zweinhund! (Medic) Icon_rolleyes
Mortelle-Corteau
Mortelle-Corteau
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 29/3/2010, 07:36

Hmm i got an idea, what if the medic would get a more powerful weapon but as a trade-off healing would go slower?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortelle-Corteau 30/3/2010, 00:35

Eraserhead wrote:Hmm i got an idea, what if the medic would get a more powerful weapon but as a trade-off healing would go slower?

blutsauger............
Mortelle-Corteau
Mortelle-Corteau
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 30/3/2010, 07:29

Does Blutsauger inflict more damage?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 30/3/2010, 08:02

Well it doesn't, but it's a vampire gun, so you can theoretically live longer, which means you could inflict more damage...

But yeah, giving the medic an offensive weapon would be silly. He's supposed to heal, not kill. If they did that, it would be like when they beta tested the repair node. (www.teamfortress.com) People would just perceive the medic as less friendly.
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down