Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tendo's Tricks and Tips:Medic edition

3 posters

Go down

Tendo's Tricks and Tips:Medic edition Empty Tendo's Tricks and Tips:Medic edition

Post by Tendo 28/4/2010, 20:02

In this medic T&T's, im going to list some thing that i do that could help you become a better medic. We'll talk about movement, Key targets, weapons and peope of priority

To start off, we'll talk about Movement. Movement, in my opinion, is one of the greatest hills you must climb to become a good medic. Medics are only as good as long as they are alive, and so is your team. Remember, as a medic, you are most the important member of the team. Soming you do may have a ripple effect, causing you to loose a point, a zone or an area. Know your map!As a medic, you want to know the quickest routes and any time saving jumps. In orange, for example, you can hop from the railing infront of the tower, to the ramp that leads up around. While this only saves a few seconds, thats all it takes for people to die. Also, be as random as you can with your movments, The more terrain you can cover and overcome, the faster you'll be. Running away is also important. If you think the person healing you is a fat scrub, leave them. You can stay with them until you feel unsafe. As tactics differ, this could be harder for some people...But i like to make sure the team is equally healed. Snipers and spys are easy to out manouver, just look around alot, twich and freak out. This leads to our next point, key targets

After you have movement down, you must do some calculations and this brings us to Key targets. These are are high-output damage foes that you know will %#@& you up. Soliders, scouts and snipers are my main worry. We all know that not all healing buddys are perfect, so account for that. Know who's good that your facing. Know when you've got a shot to uber-stab-face somebody. This comes with time, but being good at any class does. For instance, if i am with a random pubber vs Eraserhead (scout) im going to run into a place where it would be hard for him to get me, and leave the scrub alone. This is where movement works in. If you can run the map backwards (literally) and do the jumps, then you can fool a good scout. For soldier (say Greezy), i would make my running pattern less obvious. He is counting on his rockets to do splash damage on me, in his worst case senerio. Jumping onto ledges and getting onto higher ground is a good way to run from them. If you see a sniper (gibbo), then clearly you need a find a wall or a fat man to hide behind. If you are in the open with him, go crazy on your keyboard. He's probably going to kill you anyways, so shoot some needles, leech some damage, and for god sake, find a wall. Key targets on your team - There shouldnt be... As i have said, ditch people if they're failing, but no one is out of the question 'Can i heal them' (besides crits flying at them, or your dying, Smile ). Imagen a world of completely (ENTER TEAM COLOR HERE) players, full of health, and ready to fight. Thats a world a medic would like to be in... more heals means less work later on.

Weapons... This is very subjective to the player. I cant say which weapons are better, but i will say USE THE UBER SAW. That thing is a tank. Generally, by the team people are up in your face, you can run around them, and find a good opening. Wait until they are reloading, or have their back turned. You ARE the second fastest class, so a nice back should be easy to stick your medic charm into. Once again, move around, know your map, know the classes weakness. That is the only way to get better at the saw... oh and practice.

peope of priority (POP for short). This is important to the medic whos getting on onto the better stages of his phd... Making choices between who lives and dies is fun, in my opinion, and you should find it fun too. WARNING THIS DOES COME WITH EXPERIANCE. Instances where two people are burning and you can only save one you should choose... Both of course. If you spam back and forth your healing beam, it can counter the fire, and ultimatly save those two people. If one of them is running away from you, its their fault. Your there to save, not hold their hands. If you see rockets flying at someone who's at full, heal them instead of the people beside you injured, but taking no fire. You would assume this is what people would do, but people forget your there for the goal of winning. If everyone waits their turn, then they can all be healed. Some people think that they are allowed to call for medic, and keep running into battle, while you have to save them. Well, they're usually right. If you trust them, then stick to them (so long as people around you are healed). A good way to keep the moral and health up, is to constant switch your target. If you are on a capture point with a Scout and Soldier, heal both of them. If a heavy comes up, the scout will most likey die, if you didnt use this little tip. People camping indoors that have healthkits can be ignored for a little bit, so long as its a safe senaro (aka, Your teams rushing). POP's that you KNOW will be a good buddy (generally clan members) are an exception to the rule of 'heal all'. Some people have bad days, so just give them a boost and return to your friends.

BASCIALLY, everything is subjective to what is going on at that moment. You will die alot. You will be yelled at, at first. You will save peoples lives... unless you really suck... Most of all, teams with medics will win, unless the other team is OP. The faster you can become a better medic, the more games you will win.

If you have a question about how or why i do somthing, then feel free to ask.

This has been Tendo's Tricks and Tips:Medic edition
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Tendo's Tricks and Tips:Medic edition Empty Re: Tendo's Tricks and Tips:Medic edition

Post by Furgus 28/4/2010, 20:23

This will help me a lot.

btw Tendo maybe you should make something like this but for mapping.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Tendo's Tricks and Tips:Medic edition Empty Re: Tendo's Tricks and Tips:Medic edition

Post by Eraserhead 29/4/2010, 05:51

This is exactly how i play medic! Very Happy
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tendo 29/4/2010, 12:25

Eraserhead wrote:This is exactly how i play medic! Very Happy

Great minds think alike
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down