Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mfff fffm mfff mumpffff (pyro tactics)

5 posters

Go down

Mfff fffm mfff mumpffff (pyro tactics) Empty Mfff fffm mfff mumpffff (pyro tactics)

Post by Epps 9/12/2009, 12:37

I don't play that much pyro so I don't really use any tactic at all. I just spycheck near the engineer and on the places where I like to hide as a spy (mostly where no-one would look for you). I wait around corners for enemies to appear and toast them. I never use the melee weapon because it does hardly any damage when I'm using it.

So, that rounds up my pyro-tactics. What are yours?
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Mfff fffm mfff mumpffff (pyro tactics) Empty Re: Mfff fffm mfff mumpffff (pyro tactics)

Post by Eraserhead 9/12/2009, 20:48

I really like pyro's as buddies when i'm engineer. I don't play pyro that much myself but it can be a usefull class inside tight rooms/corners like in the tower. Pyro can also be great when your team is cappin the final point and the opposing teams players are jumping out of their spawn while the pyro immediatly roasts them Very Happy .

Pyro can also be great when ubered by a medic to destroy engie stuff and create mayhem amongst the opposing team.

A very powerfull pyro tactic is blasting back projectiles. Shadowreaper is very good at this, he can even reflect arrows. If i understood correctly from him it all has to do with prediction...
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Mfff fffm mfff mumpffff (pyro tactics) Empty Re: Mfff fffm mfff mumpffff (pyro tactics)

Post by Furgus 9/12/2009, 21:32

Okay most of what you guys said was true but theres more to that. And reaper is not the only one who can reflect arrows. I too can.

Okay in basic terms a pyro is simply good for any short ranged combat and long range combat in some extent. If you play pyro and your using a backburner. JUST GET OUT!!! DONT PLAY TF2!!! A backburner is only good for getting crits from behind. Which is shit. Now a flamethrower is a lot better. A flamethrower can reflect mostly anything you that comes at you except bullets{I'm still trying to figure out how to reflect bullets}. When a pyro is going to intercept a capture by a soldier or anyother class. He should be ready to use the compression blast. If you don't ....YOU WILL DIE. The compression blast in order to reflect something is based on predictions on when hes going to shoot stickies or rockets at you. You would have to predict that if it was short range. Also in corners if you see someone coming get prepared to use the flamethrower. If it is a soldier or a demoman be prepared to shuse a flamethrower and then compression blast. 95% of the time after a player gets cught in a corner by a pyro he autimatically shoots on the ground or at the pyro. So be prepared to reflect those rockets or stickies. Also if you didnt know the rockets shot out of a sentry gun could be reflected so when there is a medic with an uber go before them. So they could kill the sentry and you could protect them because the sentry is focused on the uber and not you{ nobody notices that}. So if there are enemies close by kill them. Or you could do the opposite and you kill the sentry while the uber kills the enemies around.

Another awesome weapon is the flare gun. If you are in a crit server keep the shot gun but if not get the flare gun. If you hit the flare gun at someone twice it will be a mini crit and dont bother running after them because they will die in a moments notice. A flare gun is long range combat. When shooting a flare gun its basically in orediction where the player is going to move or is heading. The hardest player is the scout but if he gets too close then take out your flamethower.

The third weapon i dont find much use for. Oh and about the engii. If you see an engii with a few problems witha spy. Stay with the engii for awile and annoy the spy until it leaves the engii alone. Tha's basically it.
Furgus
Furgus
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 14/12/2009, 11:54

Yesterday, I killed a sniper by reflecting his arrow right back at him. Then, I killed a soldier and his medicbuddy by reflecting a crit-rocket. Those were my first kills by reflecting something n.n
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 14/12/2009, 17:49

I was the sniper... That was crazy. I almost spazzed out with the incredible intensity of how awesome that moment was... I was never sure who did it; now that I know, I'm going have to stay on your team.
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 14/12/2009, 20:42

I used to play with the flare gun a lot but then i resorted back to the shotgun and really liked it. Most pyros are really targets for scouts since they can keep out of range of you flamethrower and they are not very easy to hit with the flare gun. But if you have the shotgun you can still stand your man. Its also good for finishing off enemies that you have set alight and who are running away. Just shoot them with the sg a couple of times to rob them of those last hps.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firestar 14/12/2009, 20:54

I think the only reason I use the Backburner is because I am prone to randomly right-clicking with the normal flamer...

And I'm a big melee guy. If I'm faster than the guy I'm chasing, I'll pull out my melee. I don't really see any point for the normal axe; it's only useful on melee only servers, because when I'm close enough to melee someone, I'll usually flame them first, and with the Axetinguisher, one hit on someone whos burning is almost an instant kill. God I love that thing... I've killed so many Soldiers with it. Just like every other melee weapon, if you're good at timing, use it.
Firestar
Firestar

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 17/2/2010, 00:12

well, here's how i do it.

The Goof Off

• whenever you see a scout, heavy, or any other hitscan weaponeer, taunt. if they do not stop attacking, taunt some more.
  • in the event of a soldier, demoman, or huntsman sniper; as soon as you make eye contact, stay perfectly still. reflect any projectiles, be a general nuisance.
  • take any opportunity you have to kill an enemy via falling damage. it gets you zero points, but it's funny as hell.

To Give Some Effort

• the tower in orange_x3 is your friend, it's nearly the exact same size as the range of the flamethrower. find an engineer buddy and leech off their dispenser for health, provide spy check and spam suppression in return.
  • when you absolutely must push ahead, use the flaregun. distract those pesky snipers with a bit of fire.
  • use enemy rockets to get around. blasting one of them into the ground below you gives you a huge boost. a perfectly timed one will you get you up to the top of the tower.
  • keep a light finger on mouse2, you'll hardly ever use your regular flame on orange_x3, it's just not practical.
  • learn the reload and cooldown times for the rocket launcher, direct hit, sticky launcher, grenade launcher, and hunstman. half of all close range reflection occurs when the soldier/demo/sniper just spams the fire key.
  • if you happen to catch a spamming soldier from behind, don't flame him. if you time it right, you can actually reflect a rocket into him, from behind him. try it out sometime.

Last edited by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! on 17/2/2010, 12:31; edited 1 time in total
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 17/2/2010, 08:57

Hey nice to see you on the forums ADAM!!

Can you elaborate on that last point i don't get how you can defelect a rocket into a soldier from behind?

Btw do you in general prefer shotty or flare?

Can you tell us the secret on how to make that strange continuous airblast noise.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 17/2/2010, 12:19

Eraserhead wrote:Hey nice to see you on the forums ADAM!!

Can you elaborate on that last point i don't get how you can defelect a rocket into a soldier from behind?

ok, let's say you see a soldier who is firing off his rockets as fast as he can. it's going to be at a regular interval. if you time it right, you can reflect a rocket into him while standing behind him. like this diagram

P)) S--->--->

Eraserhead wrote:Btw do you in general prefer shotty or flare?
flare always, but i generally get really lucky with it.

Eraserhead wrote:Can you tell us the secret on how to make that strange continuous airblast noise.
i stopped doping that as soon as i saw another person do it, it kills everyone's framerate if they don't have a decent computer. but if you really want to know, it's somewhere on fpsbanana, i can't seem to find it at the moment.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 17/2/2010, 12:29

LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! wrote:

ok, let's say you see a soldier who is firing off his rockets as fast as he can. it's going to be at a regular interval. if you time it right, you can reflect a rocket into him while standing behind him. like this diagram

P)) S--->--->

So i guess reflect a rocket from another soldier?
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 17/2/2010, 12:36

no, the same soldier.

the airblast is programmed to check an area X units in front of the pyro, 100 units to be exact i think. if there is a rocket in that space, it destroys it, spawns another rocket entity, makes it do a 180, and sends it on its merry way.

if you happen to stand right behind a soldier (who is 27 units thick by the way) you can airblast him into the rocket he just fired while it is in the process of doing a "180"(it doesn't actually spin around in this case.)

here is a lovely MSpaint illustration:Mfff fffm mfff mumpffff (pyro tactics) Pyro
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 17/2/2010, 12:46

lol now i understand sounds like fun, like throwing himself in front of his own projectile Very Happy
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LOOK IT'S ADAM!!! 17/2/2010, 12:53

yup, and most of the time they won't even realize what just happened, so they keep on spamming, allowing you to do it again, and kill them.
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
LOOK IT'S ADAM!!!
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down