Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Melee Mode removed from the server or lets admins control the vote?

+11
jameless
UberLord
DrManette
Furgus
miht
Nicobbq
ninji
Eraserhead
Jonesie|UKCS|
Epps
Lord Zurkov
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Melee Mode removed from the server or lets admins control the vote? - Page 3 Empty Re: Melee Mode removed from the server or lets admins control the vote?

Post by Epps 17/4/2010, 21:59

How about this:
<<< PULP FORTRESS - 24/7 ORANGE_X3 >>>
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Melee Mode removed from the server or lets admins control the vote? - Page 3 Empty Re: Melee Mode removed from the server or lets admins control the vote?

Post by miht 17/4/2010, 22:00

i think that <<<<<< PULP FORTRESS 24/7 Orange 100 tick >>>>>> would look more symetrical, more beautiful angel , and it would give the info bang bang bang.
miht
miht
Junior Game Admin
Junior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 18/4/2010, 11:04

Let me start a poll on this....
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vladmirbsl69 18/4/2010, 20:04

lolz my votemute fiasco. god that topic name is misleading
vladmirbsl69
vladmirbsl69

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 19/4/2010, 13:30

{PULP} FORTRESS 24/7 Orange_X3
{PULP} FORTRESS 24/7 Stock & Custom

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by Citizen 9/5/2010, 20:41

Here's my two cents on votemelee, votesniper and etc.

Votemelee: Occasionally a refreshing mix into a boring game, although I definitely understand and have seen it ruin a good play session. I personally like it quite a bit, although I think how we had it before ruined it. 10 minutes is too long to have melee, I think 5 minute intervals would be much better. Also I believe it should need about 60-70% of the players to vote for it. If one team is getting rolled and they want melee just so they won't be getting killed as much isn't good at all. Although I think 60-70% is enough of an ratio of people that the general consensus is it's wanted.

Votesniper: I think 1 sniper is perfect for a large server, the problem I find is when it's a 3-4 or 5-5 game. With such small teams it's easy for a sniper to slip in with little to no opposition and get plenty of kills. It is a problem when one team has a good sniper and the other team votes it off to get that particular player. I think you should be able to vote if the server total is under ten though.

Votescramble: A less used and more needed vote. Good teams obviously should be able to win a few, although it easily gets carried away, and people start leaving. I think admins should have to ability to start a vote instantly. That way even if everyone else is too lazy to type it in the vote can still go up. Also something I've seen a lot of servers (especially orange ones) is if it's being clearly rolled then it automatically scrambles the teams. It's usually measured off overall team k/d for each team, and/or the number of wins by one team consecutively.
Citizen
Citizen
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 9/5/2010, 21:13

In fact the admins can do that right now, then can do a scramble or melee vote.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jameless 9/5/2010, 22:16

@Citizen:

Votemelee: The problem with this vote is that the same vote that turns it on is the one to turn it off. This is why we limited it to be started by an admin. Sometimes the folks that voted it on would leave and the people that are left don't know how to vote it off and we lost a lot of players this way.

Votesniper: I agree with you that with a full server 1 sniper is cool but with less it's annoying. The problem is there is no way to turn off the vote when the server fills. This makes it so quite often no snipers were allowed when the server was full making heavy/medic combos run rampant. Due to the constant no sniper votes during full times we disabled the vote. The server has been remaining fairly full lately so I am not sure we will have to worry about the annoyance of a good sniper in a 4v4 all too often any more.

Votescramble: I think you already know this but votescramble is currently active on the server so players can start one if they feel the teams are stacked.
jameless
jameless
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3