Pulp Fortress forum archives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Age limit vote

+6
Havik
Mortelle-Corteau
Taboo
hyce777
DrManette
Eraserhead
10 posters

Go down

Should PULP have an age limit of 16+ for new members who want to join?

Age limit vote I_vote_lcap71%Age limit vote I_vote_rcap 71% 
[ 15 ]
Age limit vote I_vote_lcap29%Age limit vote I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

Age limit vote Empty Age limit vote

Post by Eraserhead 5/3/2010, 16:09

Last edited by Eraserhead on 6/3/2010, 15:20; edited 3 times in total
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

http://www.pulpfortress.com

Back to top Go down

Age limit vote Empty Re: Age limit vote

Post by DrManette 5/3/2010, 17:23

Yes we should. If you want to know my reasoning read the thread eraser linked. =D
DrManette
DrManette

http://www.biofoxgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hyce777 5/3/2010, 19:20

Oh, now I see. I thought you were saying all members and especially admins had to be 16+. This makes more sense, now.
hyce777
hyce777
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Taboo 5/3/2010, 19:26

I noticed all junior admins are 15 years of age or less. Miht is a junior admin too, pepper. You listed him as a regular member.

http://www.pulpfortress.com/members.htm

Oh and I vote "yes".
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortelle-Corteau 5/3/2010, 19:58

just out of curiosity does this mean i will get kicked out after the vote, or is it only for new members that havent joined yet???

cos if i get kicked out when i havent done anything wrong, im just 13 that would be very crap IMO
Mortelle-Corteau
Mortelle-Corteau
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Taboo 5/3/2010, 20:03

Mortelle-Corteau wrote:just out of curiosity does this mean i will get kicked out after the vote, or is it only for new members that havent joined yet???

cos if i get kicked out when i havent done anything wrong, im just 13 that would be very crap IMO

Read the other thread. Read carefully now.. Especially what Tendo said.
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortelle-Corteau 5/3/2010, 20:19

i have read it over, and really should have read it before i commented, sorry guys
Mortelle-Corteau
Mortelle-Corteau
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Havik 5/3/2010, 22:52

I say no. I think age limits aren't good for a clan. With my previous clan experience, it's better to look at someone's maturity and the way they condone themselves in game instead of age. I have met some people younger than me that have been more mature than say a 20 year old. I don't think the age limit is good, well I at least don't agree with it. Also, with younger members they tend to be more active then some older members. Since older members have jobs, younger members have more free time to get in game and represent {PULP}
Havik
Havik

http://www.sharpstyles.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 6/3/2010, 00:48

Taboo wrote:I noticed all junior admins are 15 years of age or less. Miht is a junior admin too, pepper. You listed him as a regular member.

http://www.pulpfortress.com/members.htm

Oh and I vote "yes".
Yeah I was planning on actually telling you guys I updated that page but I thought it would be more fun if I kept it a secret...
Anyway, I used the elite steamgroup for this list so if one didn't had the 1, 2 or 3 in his name he can find himself under regular. Ow well, gonna change it after I get some more sleep (damned insomnia).

Also, you would want to take a look at the code fromthe member page and find out how many freaking lines I had to write because I don't understand shit from php xD
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesie|UKCS| 6/3/2010, 10:17

I agree with havik on this one. Same as when I was in IKtR, they didn't care about you're age range. All they cared about was you're maturity. Thats what I did in all of my previous clans. When another one of my ex-admins said we should do a age limit, I said, no. I reasoned with him, and he knew I was correct. I dont really think we should because, if people wanted to join under the age of 16, and we didn't let them, then they would most likely start to bash against us. So, just leave out the age range, and just to maturity.

Jonesie|UKCS|
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !
I am banned, sad face! Unban me! I don't deserve it !

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 6/3/2010, 10:35

I completely agree with the thing about maturity but it's not very practical is it? If someone joins up you need to have all these trials to determine if someone is mature. I think what the idea with this was to make that really simple but i think i agree that idealistically a maturity requirement is better then an age limit.

For all the people who voted for the age limit: Ask yourself this. Suppose we setup a the trials to determine if someone is mature enough would we still need an age limit? You can cancel your vote if you want, i changed that in the poll.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Havik 6/3/2010, 11:19

Eraserhead wrote: If someone joins up you need to have all these trials to determine if someone is mature.

Well, if we see them in game like we are supposed to when voting, we could see there maturity level. See how they react to dieing, killing someone, being dominated ect. I think that with this, when you see them in game, you wouldn't want a person in the clan who starts calling you a biotch when they kill you every time, or if they die they just start dropping the f bomb everywhere. That is pretty much the maturity thing. I know that I and some other people throw some child-ish jokes around that is fine. But with the MOTD rules that I saw like the swearing rule, it takes some maturity to cut back even stop swearing. Most young kids don't swear (except new young gamers are getting into swearing, and using the word haxor) But, this can change with them. Pretty much with age limit, you have to base vote off of different things. Different ages react differently to situations. Yes it would be cool to have a 16+ clan, but the activity and maybe the reactions would be bad. IMO an age limit might be bad for the clan, possibly the community.
Havik
Havik

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 6/3/2010, 11:52

If we don't do an age limit of 16+ then we will definitely put up other requirements. It will get harder to get in. Changes will be made...soon.

I'm thinking of a longer trial period, a week is too short.
Also we need to keep an eye out when looking at the average age of the clan members. Devils advocate: A clan where 60% of the members are younger then 16 might also be bad for the clan. So i think if we don't have a limit we will have temporary limits anyway just so we have a healthy ratio of older/younger members. As you can see the most members who voted are for it. I think it's also logical that current younger members are defending the statement there should be no agelimit. This might sound very cliché: But just wait till your older. It's a simple fact, maturity comes with age. And of course there are exceptions of adults still acting like babies and kidz behaving like wise men but those are the exceptions and they will get their chance.
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tendo 6/3/2010, 12:12

Eraserhead wrote:And of course there are exceptions of adults still acting like babies and kidz behaving like wise men but those are the exceptions and they will get their chance.

Boobs
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Epps 6/3/2010, 12:30

Eraserhead wrote:If we don't do an age limit of 16+ then we will definitely put up other requirements. It will get harder to get in. Changes will be made...soon.

I read that in the voice of the Gman for some reason.
Anyway, a trail period would be nice to begin with. Can't wait to see what kind of stuff you have planned for us.
Epps
Epps
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!
RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!

http://www.epps.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Greezy 6/3/2010, 13:24

I know it might sound a little biased, because I AM 16 and all, but seriously, 16 should be the age limit. And with the trial period, I think that it shouldn't be "if you don't f♥️ck up for a week, you're in." Should be more like, "you've got a month to prove yourself and show that we can enjoy your company, then you're in."
Young Greezy
Young Greezy
Scrim Team Captain
Scrim Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Taboo 6/3/2010, 13:30

I like the idea of trying people out. Like a friendly 1v1 with a few admins watching. See how they handle themselves and what their skill level is etc..
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Havik 6/3/2010, 14:21

Young Greezy wrote:I know it might sound a little biased, because I AM 16 and all, but seriously, 16 should be the age limit. And with the trial period, I think that it shouldn't be "if you don't f♥️ck up for a week, you're in." Should be more like, "you've got a month to prove yourself and show that we can enjoy your company, then you're in."

I agree with Taboo, and you Greezy, but a month is a little too long don't you think? maybe 2-3 weeks. A month seems like a long period of time. Also Eraser I agree with what you are saying about younger members defending the no age limit, this is true, but I just think an age limit like 16 may be too high. maybe 14 or 15. I see where you are coming from, with older members they would be able to teach the younger members stuff, but with more young members other stuff happens.
Havik
Havik

Back to top Go down

Post by Tendo 6/3/2010, 14:42

Taboo wrote:I like the idea of trying people out. Like a friendly 1v1 with a few admins watching. See how they handle themselves and what their skill level is etc..

So then will we have Captains of each class? Thats what we did in Bonded, and it worked very well.

And if we do have another two admins watching, then i think it could be about how well they played, not if they won. Am i right?
Tendo
Tendo
Clan Member
Clan Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Taboo 6/3/2010, 15:02

Tendo wrote:So then will we have Captains of each class? Thats what we did in Bonded, and it worked very well.
Whatever you guys decide is best.

Tendo wrote:And if we do have another two admins watching, then i think it could be about how well they played, not if they won. Am i right?
You, sir, are never wrong. *bows* Razz
Taboo
Taboo
Acting Game Admin
Acting Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 6/3/2010, 15:19

Sgt Pepper wrote:
Anyway, a trail period would be nice to begin with. Can't wait to see what kind of stuff you have planned for us.

I want to do this the democratic way but it seems people are a bit split up about this so i'm trying to find a middle way. In the other thread i made a summery of all the ideas:

http://forum.pulpfortress.com/suggestions-f17/membership-votes-t421.htm
Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin
Senior Game Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eraserhead 10/3/2010, 21:55

Eraserhead
Eraserhead
Senior Game Admin